ARSENAL TO SWIPE TOTTENHAM TARGET JAN VERTONGHEN
JAN VERTONGHEN last night warned Tottenham to hurry up and sign him – or he will join Arsenal instead.
But the Belgian defender fears the deal will collapse following Spurs’ failure to win a Champions League place next season – with Ajax demanding £12.5m.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also wants Holland’s player of the season, who’ll skipper Belgium against Montenegro tonight.
“I’ve said repeatedly that Tottenham are my first choice, but the talks haven’t progressed,” said centre-back Vertonghen, 25.
“They have shown me around, I have met all their key people and their chairman came to meet me on Monday. But Arsenal want me too. They remain a possibility if my Spurs move falls through, as Ajax are asking €15m for me.
“That is a lot of money for someone with just a year left on his contract.
“I’m sure Spurs won’t be able to pay that much after they missed out on the Champions League.”
No comments:
Post a Comment